CHUMS Mental Health & Emotional Wellbeing Service for Children and Young People provides therapeutic support in a variety of ways. CHUMS has developed a unique service delivery model to ensure that children and young people are able to access a service that supports their individual needs.
We employ a multi-disciplinary team of professionals with backgrounds in psychology, social work and counselling, as well as other qualified and experienced practitioners who:
• Understand the issues facing children and young people
• Have the skills to effectively support them
• Can deliver evidence based interventions to improve the mental health and emotional wellbeing of children and young people
We routinely use a number of outcome measures to evidence positive change which are Children and Young People’s Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (CYP IAPT) compliant. We have also measured our social impact which demonstrates that we positively affect:
• Academic achievement
• Increased awareness of mental health issues
• Reduction in stigma
• Improved behaviour
• Improved relationships
• Reduction in social isolation
• Increased confidence and self worth
• Increased resilience
Our programmes of support build resilience and promote good mental health within the framework of prevention and early intervention support for mental health difficulties.
Contact for appointment